This unit of work is suitable for the Australian English Senior Curriculum, English and English Literature. Completing the tasks in this unit will assist students to learn about modernism as a movement in Australia and around the world and consider how the cultural significance of modernity is reflected in literature and art forms. Students will study examples of modern literature and use these as inspiration to create their own literary pieces reflecting modernist ideas and forms of writing as well as ways of writing.
Students have the opportunity to learn about:
- critically evaluating modernists texts
- ideas relevant to modernity
- ways of writing relevant to modernists texts.
Students have the opportunity to learn to:
- read modernist art forms and literature
- critically interpret modernists texts
- experiment with modernist ideas, writing forms and styles.