NSW HSC English EAL/D is a practical workbook designed to prepare students for HSC English EAL/D Papers 1 & 2. Effective writing strategies for writing analytically about prescribed texts and related texts and modelled responses written to syllabus requirements are included to help students develop their understanding of and comprehensively write about each module in the NSW HSC English EAL/D Examination, Paper 2.
What students will learn
This book includes material on:
- syllabus requirements for each module
- understanding Module A: Texts and Human Experiences & B: Language, Identity and Culture
- analysis of language forms and features in all prescribed texts for Modules A, B & C
- refining their knowledge and skills in writing, speaking and representing for the concurrent Module: Focus on Writing
- analytical writing strategies and modelled responses
- sample Paper 1 & 2 exam and marking criteria.
Through using this book students will gain a thorough understanding of how texts communicate key ideas and concepts relevant to the EAL/D Modules through language forms and features and key ideas and concepts.
Using this book allows students to:
- work independently or with the guidance of a teacher while directed by syllabus-based modelled responses
- develop their analytical writing skills for Module A, Module B & Module C
- develop their writing, speaking and representing skills for Focus on Writing
- reflect on their own process of writing imaginatively
- develop knowledge of and skills in writing about their prescribed texts
- develop skills in connecting key concepts in their prescribed texts for school-based assessment.