NSW HSC Advanced English Modules is a practical workbook designed to prepare students for HSC English Advanced Paper 2. Effective writing strategies for writing analytically about prescribed texts and related texts and modelled responses written to syllabus requirements are included to help students develop their understanding of and comprehensively write about each module in the NSW HSC English Advanced Examination, Paper 2.
What students will learn
This book includes material on:
- syllabus requirements for each module
- understanding Module A: Textual Conversations and Module B: Critical Study of Literature
- analysis of language forms and features in all prescribed texts for Module A & Module B
- how writers use language creatively in the prescribed texts for Module C
- analytical writing strategies and modelled responses
- craft of writing strategies and modelled responses
- sample Paper 2 exam and marking criteria.
Through using this book students will gain a thorough understanding of how texts communicate key ideas and concepts relevant to the Advanced Modules through language forms and features and key ideas and concepts.
Using this book allows students to:
- work independently or with the guidance of a teacher while directed by syllabus-based modelled responses
- develop their analytical writing skills for Module A & Module B
- develop their imaginative, discursive and persuasive writing skills for Module C
- reflect on their own process of writing imaginatively
- develop knowledge of and skills in writing about their prescribed texts
- develop skills in connecting key concepts in their prescribed texts for school-based assessment.