HSC English Common Module: Texts and Human Experiences is a practical hybrid writing and study guide workbook designed to prepare students for HSC English Common Module Paper 1. Effective writing strategies for creative and analytical writing and modelled responses written to syllabus requirements are included to help students develop their understanding of texts and human experiences and comprehensively write about human experiences in the NSW HSC English Examination, Paper 1.
What students will learn
This workbook includes material on:
- short answer questions and possible answers for Section I
- analytical writing strategies
- analysis of all prescribed texts
- analysis of related texts for school-based assessment
- analysis of language forms and features which explore human experiences
- integrated crafting writing strategies
- sample Paper 1 examination and marking criteria.
Through using this workbook students will gain a thorough understanding of how texts communicate key ideas and concepts relevant to the Common Module through language forms and features, making this book an excellent guide for all HSC English Studies, Standard English and Advanced English students.
Using this workbook allows students to:
- work independently or with the guidance of a teacher while directed by modelled responses written to syllabus requirements
- develop their analytical writing skills
- make improvements to their writing through reflecting on strengths and weaknesses
- develop knowledge of and skills in writing about the prescribed texts
- develop skills in connecting key concepts in prescribed texts and related texts for school-based assessment.